KPCA’s Quality Improvement Program supports practice transformation and the transition to value-driven care with the purpose of developing the IPA practices into a high performing preferred provider network. Our goals for this high performing network are that IPA providers will be operating at or below 84% of the MLR and meeting or exceeding the 75th percentile on quality measures.
The Quality Improvement Program will have two main aims:
1) To build the necessary infrastructure for the IPA to provide practices with meaningful and actionable data through the development of dashboard reports.
2) To provide technical assistance and training to practices to develop their internal capacity for quality improvement.
Program Components include:
- Practice assessment to determine current capacity for QI and what training and technical assistance will be needed to build capacity.
- A comprehensive crosswalk of measure sets and incentive programs across payors.
- Monthly dashboards that are meaningful and actionable.
- Technical assistance re: QI plan development, coding, care management, HEDIS, PCMH and Meaningful Use.
- A quarterly Quality Collaborative to build QI skills, improve QI plans, and learn how to use the crosswalk, dashboards, and other QI tools to drive practice improvement.
Press Release -
Quality Improvement Resources
Chronic Care Management:
- Chronic Care Management videos on CMS MLN Connects
- Connected Care: The Chronic Care Management (CCM) Resource - free tool kits and webinars
- National Colorectal Cancer RoundTable: http://nccrt.org
- Upcoming events for the NCCRT: http://nccrt.org/events/
- Take the 80% by 2018 pledge: http://nccrt.org/80-2018-pledge/
- Hall of Fame 80% by 2018 - http://nccrt.org/what-we-do/80-percent-by-2018/hall-of-fame/
- Innovative Ways to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening among the Underserved
General Colorectal Resources-
- Steps for Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates: A Manual for Community Health Center
- Clinician's Reference: Fecal occult Blood Testing For Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer in KY Fact Sheet
- Innovative Ways to Increase CRC Screening among the Underserved Webinar Slides
- PowerPoint highlighting good work across the state to increase CRC rates
- Colon Cancer Infographic Catching it Early - English
- Colon Cancer Infographic Catching it Early - Spanish
- Colonoscopy Infographic - Seven Things to Know - English
- Colonoscopy Infographic - Seven Things to Know - Spanish
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Kentucky Diabetes Resource Directory
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease web page on Diabetes
- KPCA Peer Educator Workshop for Diabetes Self-Management Education Sessions
- HRSA 2016 Diabetes Brief
- As a part of the HRSA Health Center Program Diabetes Quality Improvement Initiative and consistent with the Site Visit Protocol, 2018 operational site visits will include action planning relating to the Uniform Data System (UDS) diabetes measure. Make sure your health center registers for Action Plan privileges in the HRSA Electronic Handbooks. Watch a video to learn more.
- HRSA Health Outcomes and Disparities - Diabetes Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control
- Healthy Lifestyle Fact Sheet
- Physical Activity Fact Sheet to Prevent Diabetes
- Tobacco Could Lead to Diabetes Fact Sheet
- In the news -
- #SinkDiabetes campaign asks Kentuckians to shoot a trick shot to fight a disease that many in state have or are at risk of having
- Here are some holiday dining tips for people who have diabetes, a disease that affects almost 460,000 Kentuckians
- UK gets $3.1 million grant to continue work on diabetes education and prevention in Eastern Kentucky
- HEDIS/STARS: Supplemental Data Education & Training Recording - KPCA Members, please log-in to see this resource
New HPV vaccine resources from the CDC
- 5 Ways to Boost Vaccination Rates- https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/vacc-coverage/5-ways-to-boost-hpv-vaccination-rates.html
- How I Recommend Videos: Dr. Margot Savoy- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrp9iOILTQYPB9MjBHMlg7rxoPc8Xg-A
- Top 10 Tips for HPV Vaccination Success- https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/downloads/Top10-improving-practice.pdf
- Clinician Tips and Timesavers sheet - https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/for-hcp-tipsheet-hpv.pdf
- “Iceberg” Infographic - https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/hpv-important/more-than-screening-infographic.html
- “6 Reasons” Listicle - https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/infographics/vacc-six-reasons.html
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Resources:
- CROSSWALK – NCQA 2014 PCMH – HRSA 19 Requirements – Meaningful Use
- CROSSWALK: Stage 2 Eligible Professional MU and NCQA PCMH 2014 Standards
Quality Payment Program Resources:
- QPP VIDEOS FOR YOUR REFERENCE
- Looking for more ways to learn about the Quality Payment Program? - upcoming and past webinars
- Quality Payment Program: New Videos for Small, Rural, and Under-Served Practices
- Short Videos from CMS (2 – 9 min each):
- Introduction to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Who participates in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
- How do eligible clinicians participate in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System performance categories
- What is the scoring methodology for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
- NACHC Telehealth Fact Sheet
- NACHC Telehealth Blog
- NACHC "Snapshot"
- MLN Telehealth Services Booklet
- The Senate Passes Telehealth Care Bill (2-26-18)
UK’s Kentucky Regional Extension Center Resources:
- Free 1 hour, 1 CME Credit, Online MACRA Overview - Created to prepare healthcare providers for changes under MACRA and Value-Based Payment - http://www.cecentral.com/activity/12917
Congrats to the following 2017 National Quality Leaders -
- Big Sandy Health Care Inc, Prestonsburg
- Cumberland Family Medical, Inc. Burkesville
(This means that both organizations exceeded national clinical quality benchmarks, including Healthy People 2020, for Chronic disease management, preventive care, and the perinatal/prenatal care.)
Congrats to the following clinics for achieving overall clinical performance -
- Big Sandy Health Care, Inc.
- Juniper Health, Beattyville
- Kentucky Mountain Health Alliance (AKA Little Flower Clinic, Hazard)
- Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc., Clay City
- Mountain Comprehensive Care Center, Inc, Paintsville
- Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc., Louisville
- Regional Health Care Affiliates, Inc., Providence (AKA HealthFirst Community Health Center)