KPCA’s Quality Improvement Program supports practice transformation and the transition to value-driven care with the purpose of developing the IPA practices into a high performing preferred provider network. Our goals for this high performing network are that IPA providers will be operating at or below 84% of the MLR and meeting or exceeding the 75th percentile on quality measures.
The Quality Improvement Program will have two main aims:
1) To build the necessary infrastructure for the IPA to provide practices with meaningful and actionable data through the development of dashboard reports; and 2) To provide technical assistance and training to practices to develop their internal capacity for quality improvement.
Program Components include:
- Practice assessment to determine current capacity for QI and what training and technical assistance will be needed to build capacity.
- A comprehensive crosswalk of measure sets and incentive programs across payors.
- Monthly dashboards that are meaningful and actionable.
- Technical assistance re: QI plan development, coding, care management, HEDIS, PCMH and Meaningful Use.
- A quarterly Quality Collaborative to build QI skills, improve QI plans, and learn how to use the crosswalk, dashboards, and other QI tools to drive practice improvement.
Quality Improvement Resources