KPCA’s Quality Improvement Program supports practice transformation and the transition to value-driven care with the purpose of developing the IPA practices into a high performing preferred provider network. Our goals for this high performing network are that IPA providers will be operating at or below 84% of the MLR and meeting or exceeding the 75th percentile on quality measures.
The Quality Improvement Program will have two main aims:
1) To build the necessary infrastructure for the IPA to provide practices with meaningful and actionable data through the development of dashboard reports.
2) To provide technical assistance and training to practices to develop their internal capacity for quality improvement.
Program Components include:
- Practice assessment to determine current capacity for QI and what training and technical assistance will be needed to build capacity.
- A comprehensive crosswalk of measure sets and incentive programs across payors.
- Monthly dashboards that are meaningful and actionable.
- Technical assistance re: QI plan development, coding, care management, HEDIS, PCMH and Meaningful Use.
- A quarterly Quality Collaborative to build QI skills, improve QI plans, and learn how to use the crosswalk, dashboards, and other QI tools to drive practice improvement.
Press Release -
Quality Improvement Resources340B Resources:
- 340B OPAIS site
- Pharmacy Resources - Kentucky Rx Card - Asthma RX Card - Flu RX Card - Healthy Heart RX Card
Chronic Care Management:
- Chronic Care Management videos on CMS MLN Connects
- Connected Care: The Chronic Care Management (CCM) Resource - free tool kits and webinars
March is National Colorectal Awareness Month
National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable:
- National Colorectal Cancer RoundTable: http://nccrt.org
- Upcoming events for the NCCRT: http://nccrt.org/events/
- Take the 80% by 2018 pledge: http://nccrt.org/80-2018-pledge/
- Innovative Ways to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening among the Underserved
General Colorectal Resources-
- Steps for Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates: A Manual for Community Health Center
- Clinician's Reference: Fecal occult Blood Testing For Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer in KY Fact Sheet
- Innovative Ways to Increase CRC Screening among the Underserved Webinar Slides
- PowerPoint highlighting good work across the state to increase CRC rates
- Colon Cancer Infographic Catching it Early - English
- Colon Cancer Infographic Catching it Early - Spanish
- Colonoscopy Infographic - Seven Things to Know - English
- Colonoscopy Infographic - Seven Things to Know - Spanish
- Kentucky Diabetes Resource Directory
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease web page on Diabetes
- KPCA Peer Educator Workshop for Diabetes Self-Management Education Sessions
- HRSA 2016 Diabetes Brief
- HRSA Health Outcomes and Disparities - Diabetes Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control
- Healthy Lifestyle Fact Sheet
- Physical Activity Fact Sheet to Prevent Diabetes
- Tobacco Could Lead to Diabetes Fact Sheet
- In the news -
- #SinkDiabetes campaign asks Kentuckians to shoot a trick shot to fight a disease that many in state have or are at risk of having
- Here are some holiday dining tips for people who have diabetes, a disease that affects almost 460,000 Kentuckians
- UK gets $3.1 million grant to continue work on diabetes education and prevention in Eastern Kentucky
- Immunization Education & Training -Pink Book Webinar Series
- Immunization Requirements for Childcare- Preschool
- Immunization Requirements for School-Age
- New 2017 KY requirement for Elementary School Entry
- New 2017 KY requirement for Middle School Entry
- New 2017 KY requirement for High School Entry
- New 2017 KY requirement for Elementary School Entry - Spanish
- New 2017 KY requirement for Middle School Entry - Spanish
- New 2017 KY requirement for High School Entry - Spanish
- Commonwealth of KY Certificate of Immunization Status
- "The Opioid Crisis at a Glance" Infographic
- How to Use the New CDC Guidelines on Opioids for Treatment - On Demand Webinar
- Overdose Death Data Visualization Tool
- Project ECHO
- Viral Hepatitis—A Very Real Consequence of Substance Use
- The President's Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis
- Opioid Overdose Reversal with Naloxone Website
- In the news
- With legislative session more than half over, most health-related bills are still on the table; here's a roundup
- Bill headed to full House would require hospice patients' narcotics to be turned in upon death
- Substance abuse about as common in rural areas as urban, but rural drug users are less likely to get treatment, UK studies find
Oral Health Resources:
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Resources:
- CROSSWALK – NCQA 2014 PCMH – HRSA 19 Requirements – Meaningful Use
- CROSSWALK: Stage 2 Eligible Professional MU and NCQA PCMH 2014 Standards
Quality Payment Program Resources:
- QPP VIDEOS FOR YOUR REFERENCE
- Looking for more ways to learn about the Quality Payment Program? - upcoming and past webinars
- Quality Payment Program: New Videos for Small, Rural, and Under-Served Practices
- Short Videos from CMS (2 – 9 min each):
- Introduction to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Who participates in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
- How do eligible clinicians participate in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
- The Merit-based Incentive Payment System performance categories
- What is the scoring methodology for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System?
Social Determinants of Health Coding Resources:
HITEQ has some resources related to this topic:
- Why Collect Standardized Data on Social Determinants of Health? A slide deck outlining the potential use of ICD10 coding for SDoH.
- ICD-10 Z-Codes for Social Determinants of Health: A quick reference guide for providers and health care leaders
- Coding Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) for Optimizing Value: An Infographic for Providers on the Benefits of Coding for SDoH
UK’s Kentucky Regional Extension Center Resources:
- Free 1 hour, 1 CME Credit, Online MACRA Overview - Created to prepare healthcare providers for changes under MACRA and Value-Based Payment - http://www.cecentral.com/activity/12917
Congrats to the following 2017 National Quality Leaders -
- Big Sandy Health Care Inc, Prestonsburg
- Cumberland Family Medical, Inc. Burkesville
(This means that both organizations exceeded national clinical quality benchmarks, including Healthy People 2020, for Chronic disease management, preventive care, and the perinatal/prenatal care.)
Congrats to the following clinics for achieving overall clinical performance -
- Big Sandy Health Care, Inc.
- Juniper Health, Beattyville
- Kentucky Mountain Health Alliance (AKA Little Flower Clinic, Hazard)
- Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc., Clay City
- Mountain Comprehensive Care Center, Inc, Paintsville
- Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc., Louisville
- Regional Health Care Affiliates, Inc., Providence (AKA HealthFirst Community Health Center)