Behavioral Health Counselor, LPCC or LCSW
Regional Health Care Affiliates dba Health First Community Health Center
Health First CHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center serving 6 counties in Western Kentucky. We offer integrated care across all 7 clinics including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Dietary and Pediatrics. Our clinics are open Monday - Friday only, serving a wide range of patients from pediatric to geriatric. All clinics hold the distinction of Patient Centered Medical Home, Level 3 and strive to provide quality, comprehensive care to our communities.
LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or LPCC (Licensed Clinical Counselor) along with a Masters’ Degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited college is required. Minimum of two years’ experience in a health care setting or three years’ experience in casework. Must have expertise in group technique, possess excellent communication skills along with proven proficiency with an EMR and Microsoft Office skills.
Essential Job Duties
Health First is an EOE. Please apply online at www.healthfirstchc.net.
- Performs psychosocial assessments for patients to determine social services and follow-up needs such as socioeconomic, medical, cultural or environmental.
- Provides counseling as it pertains to assisting patients and families in understanding and coping with issues, illnesses, treatments and referrals for continued care outside of RHCA.
- Reports in accordance with State, Federal mandates and organizational policies regarding child and adult abuse, neglect and domestic violence.
- Documents all Social Work activities and interventions in accordance with State and organizational policies.
- Participates in management of situations in a manner that reduces risk, i.e. evaluates each situation to ensure appropriateness of action, uses sound analytical skills to problem solve.
- Possess ability to build relationships with medical staff, patients and community partners
- Demonstrates responsibility and compliance in the counseling, documentation and follow-up of counseling sessions and other clinical trainings
- Serves as an educational resource for clinic staff and community partners in areas of counseling, social work, case management and other therapy specialties