Please join us at the Marriott Griffin Gate, Lexington for our Spring Conference, May 8-9, 2017.
Due to limited space, there will only be 160 available tickets each day - only 80 participants per track.
Monday, May 8th, 2017 - Two tracks available:
Quality Improvement Track
Federal Tort Claims Act Track
- Colorectal Cancer - The Science of Screening & Interventions that Work (3 hour session)
- Lung Cancer in Kentucky: Improving Patient Outcomes
- Managing Care of the Diabetic Patient
- The Cost of Medication Management in the Diabetic Patient
FIVE HOUR SESSION COVERING THE TOPICS BELOW
LUNCH KEYNOTE: Utilizing Data to Improve Quality in the Medicaid Population - Dr. Gil Liu, Medical Director, Department for Medicaid Services, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Frankfort, KY
- Credentialing and Privileging
- FTCA Program Coverage - Rules and Expectations
- FTCA Program Operations - What Happens When I am Sued?
- FTCA Deeming, RE-Deeming and Site Visits
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 - Two tracks available.
Quality Improvement, EHR Data Track
Outreach & Enrollment Track
- Quality Improvement Terms and Tips
- Clinical Documentation for E/M Coding
- Strategies for Women's Health Screening
- EHR Data Hygiene Tools: Methods for Finding and Fixing Issues That Could Be Hindering Your Progress on Quality (3 hour session)
LUNCH KEYNOTE: Promoting Health Literacy and Equity in Access to Healthcare for Underserved Communities, Jean Edward, PhD, RN, CHPE, Assistant Professor at the Center for Health Services Research, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
Accreditation Continuing education credits will be applied for as follows through the Southern Kentucky Area Health Education Center:
- Kentucky's Healthcare Coverage Landscape: The Impact of ACA Implementation
- The Future of the ACA & the Role of Application Assisters
- Application Assister Panel
- Partnership Building & Opportunities for Collaboration Panel
- Health Insurance Literacy for Application Assisters
- CAC Metrics Report Training
Medicine, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner: The Southern Kentucky Area Health Education Center is accredited by the Kentucky Medical Association (KMA) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. This program has been submitted for category 1 credit. (Credit Pending)
Nursing: This program has been submitted to Rockcastle Hospital & Respiratory Care Center for Nursing credit. (Credit Pending)
Physical Therapy: This program has been submitted to the Kentucky Physical Therapy Association for PT credit. (Credit Pending)
Pharmacy: This program has been submitted to the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy for Pharmacy credit. (Credit Pending)
Respiratory: This program has been submitted to the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care for Respiratory credit. (Credit Pending)
Participants must stay for the entire session and complete an evaluation to be awarded contact hours.
Faculty Disclosures will be provided at the time of the conference. Presentations and speakers are subject to change.
We would be pleased to assist you with any special needs (i.e. physical, dietary etc.), please let us know in advance by contacting Lindey Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in mind that the Marriott Griffin Gate tries to maintain meeting room temperatures at an appropriate level. However, because everyone reacts differently to various temperatures, we strongly suggest that you wear layered clothing in order to remain comfortable.