Reports to: CEO
Salary Range: $96K - $144K
Work Hours: 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Supervises: Dental Staff
Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center (SCHC) is a 501(c)3 Federally Qualified Health Center located in the Shawnee Neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky. SCHC seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and wholistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Under the direction of the CEO, the dentist is responsible for providing dental services for patients. The dentist performs oral examinations, cleanings, extractions, fillings, and other dental services in accordance with industry best practices. Working from a patient centered medical home model, the dentist will function as a key member of the patient care team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
·Performs oral examinations, restorations, extractions and prophylactic work.
·Diagnoses dental problems and develops patient treatment plan; including Preventative, Endodontic, Periodontal, Restorative, Prosthetic and follow up care.
·Performs or supervises the scaling, root planning, and polishing of teeth.
·Places and contours or supervises the placement and contouring of filling materials.
·Administers anesthetic/analgesic drugs for effective pain control.
·Prescribes appropriate medications for necessary therapeutic results.
·Ensures proper maintenance of patient records.
·Supports and assists special community oriented dental care programs.
·Engage in the quality improvement efforts for dental care.
·Champions and supports Patient Centered Medical Home Model
·Performs related work as required.
·Adheres to SCHC Statement of Faith.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
·Doctorate degree in Dental Medicine from an accredited dental school
·Licensed to practice dentistry in Kentucky.
·Must have and maintain current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- At least 3 years of experience providing dental care, particularly with vulnerable and/or diverse population.
·Strong communication and interpersonal skills
·Respect for and appreciation of diversity.
·Health Insurance including vision, dental and life
·401(K) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
·Paid Time Off (sick and holiday)
·Support for Continuing Education to meet / maintain licensure
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work conducted in dental exam rooms, school clinics, and an office environment.
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, and operate office equipment as necessary. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Local travel required to attend meetings or visit other SCHC clinics.
- Out-of-town travel may be necessary for conferences and other learning opportunities.